Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 1

Today is the first day of the Uberman. Or rather, my adaptation to it.
I decided to sleep at 1:30, 5:30, and 9:30 since that actually fits my college schedule barring any changes. I'll probably have to go back to monophasic for the first week or so of college until things enter a routine. But that's not until late August, right now I need to concentrate on this.

AM
1:30
I lied down for my nap but couldn't get to sleep, no prob.

5:30
I think I may have gotten to sleep for a few minutes of NREM. Not exactly refreshing, but who cares.

9:30
Same thing basically. I just felt a little crummier when I woke up.

Went for a quick bike ride. It was nice but tiring. =P
I've found that I'm eating a lot already haha.

PM
1:30
Didn't really sleep. Lying down was nice though.

5:30
No sleep again, it was too loud in the house. It's getting harder to get up after the alarm. =P

Played volleyball/ultimate/beat people at Golden Park! Wasn't at my physical best, but it was much needed exercise after sitting here all through the AM. I kind of wish 9:30 rolled around while I was out so I could try sleeping in the grass, it seemed comfy. :)

9:30
It was still surprisingly noisy in the house, but I think I actually sleep some. It was also pretty easy to wake up. (???)

Day 1 complete!? Sure why not.
It sounds like day two is when your body really hits a wall, so I believe the worst is yet to come. Tomorrow I also have bowling at 10AM. I think I'll ask Chris to drive and try to sleep on the way down. If it's too difficult I can either bump back the nap times before they get ingrained into my head, or just say to hell with it, bowling's only once a week anyways.

Results from Day 1
Adherence to schedule: 10/10 - Didn't miss/postpone any naps or oversleep.

Mental awareness: 6/10 - Not bad considering I haven't had any real sleep in about forty hours. I have been particularly slow with mental math today.

Physical energy: 7/10 - It was surprisingly high for how little sleep I got I did get tired more quickly than normal at Golden Park, but I also haven't gotten any exercise lately.

Comments: I think my extreme excitement about starting this project helped to stave off some effects of the sleep deprivation.

Well, I'm hungry again. So that's all for now. Tomorrow ought to be interesting.

No comments: