Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day 2

Edit: I added a poll to a.) get an idea how many people (if any) are reading this, and b.) get some other people's opinions. I know you probably only have sixteen waking hours in the day, but I'd really appreciate it if you took two seconds and checked it out! Much thanks! =)

Today was more challenging for sure, but I still don't feel like the walking dead.
All the AM naps went well except 9:30. I had bowling at 10, I figured Chris could drive and I'd sleep in the car. He had work after bowling though, so I ended up driving. :P I managed to get a tiny bit of sleep in just before 9:30. My motor skills and awareness were pretty good I think. (Seeing as how I'm still alive.)

My first spot of real confusion as to the time of day happened! :)
After the 1:30 nap I still felt like I was asleep, and didn't physically get out of bed. Big mistake. I must have nodded off eventually, possibly a few times. I woke up for good just before 6 o'clock the way I should have, but I think it might just be a lucky coincidence.
Sometime between these naps I hear my Mom coming down the stairs, thinking, "What in God's name is she doing in the basement at this hour?" She asked me if I wanted to eat, I said sure automatically they was I always do. It seriously took me a few minutes to realize that it was the middle of the afternoon and not early morning. Oi.

So anyways, falling asleep is becoming a lot easier. Probably due to the deprivation mostly, but as long as it works. Waking up doesn't seem to be a problem either, I actually woke up before a few alarms. Staying up after the first few minutes of being awake is where the challenge is. I think I'll start sleeping with the light on starting at today's 9:30 PM nap. If i still can't get myself up and about I might try a little caffeine before the nap.

9:30 PM
Last nap was good. I don't think I'm getting much if any REM sleep yet, but the naps are refreshing. And leaving the lights on worked really well, 3 minutes ago my eyes were closed. :)

Hopefully that REM sleep is right around the corner. All this free time to do stuff is nice, but it'll be all the more useful when I can concentrate on something other than not falling asleep!

Results from Day 2
Adherence to schedule: 6/10 - 9:30 AM nap was cut short cause of bowling. Then there was the time between 1:30 and 5:30 which I can't seem to remember. *face palm*

Mental awareness: 8/10 - I drove this morning (right after trying to sleep) down to South Side, then to Taylor, and home no problem. I even did some quick math in my head! It was rather surprising.

Physical energy: 7/10 - Satisfactory. Bowling doesn't require a whole lot.

Adding a new category to keep myself motivated. After all, what's the point if I spend the extra six hours doing nothing?
Productivity: 5/10 - I read some more of the Parable of the Sower. I think I'll set a goal to finish it tomorrow.

Comments: Getting up after I'm awake is crucial. I'll continue to sleep with the light on, especially during the next night or two. Keeping your mind off sleeping isn't necessary but makes it a whole lot easier. There were times when I was fully occupied with something and I felt absolutely normal, and that's even before I'm adapted. The mind truly is the weakest part of the body.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good luck you crazy dude. way to blog