Sunday, August 10, 2008

Uberman 2.0

Well, first off, I'd like to announce I had a wonderful birthday! I juggled, made a pie, went bowling, traffic-coning, and played on the swings at 2AM.

Having said that, I'd also like to mention that it totally messed up the sleep schedule haha.
The last two nights I had a full 8 hours of sleep. So I'm sort of starting over. The only thing I gained from the first week or so is knowledge, which is in fact very valuable.

It wasn't a failure, I was simply unable to meet the requirements of nature, as Dr. J. would put it. ;)

Things I discovered:
  1. I need to be falling over tired to fall asleep quickly when I take a nap.
  2. I need to have something equal to a slap in the face to wake me up from these naps.
  3. I NEED to stay up after the naps, for at least two hours.
  4. The stricter I follow the schedule the better.
I think I'll try naps at 4, 8, and 12 this time around. Just because.
So I guess I'm starting right now. I'll stay up until I'm tired enough to drop into sleep almost immediately.

As for goals, I'd like to get to the point where I feel the same at night as I do during the day. That is, able to do stuff that requires me to be above zombie level of functioning. Mmmm..brainsss.

Check out the new poll, eh? =)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's definitely not failure, just attempt number one! If you were to quit it'd be failure. 4, 8, and 12 may be a little more reasonable with the change of day thing also...

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you trying again.