Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 4

Well I'm not dead, or stupid after 96 hours so I think I'm going to be okay.

Funny thing happened during the first cycle. (1:30 AM) After the nap I was up and about doing stuff, and somehow the computer clock got turned back like 4 hours. I seriously have no idea how it happened, but it was confusing as heck looking at the clock and seeing 12:45 when it's actually almost 5:30. Not to mention my internal clock is messed up to begin with. Luckily I had my alarm which still read the proper time. I manually made the computer sync time and sure enough it changed to 5:30. Weird.

After that whole confusion I ended up sleeping though my 9:55 alarm until about 11:20. Doh.
I also ended up having to sleep at 2:30 PM instead of 1:30 cause Mom dragged me to a bunch of places. So my sense of time is practically gone now. I think I seriously need to get a watch in case my phone ever dies, otherwise I'm screwed.

The evening went much better than the morning though. I took the 5:30 PM nap right on time and felt really good afterwards. Couldn't remember any dreams from it, but I woke up feeling refreshed. 9:30 was basically the same.

That's one nice advantage to the naps versus a long block of sleep. It's really easy to wake up. Before I went crazy, it used to take me until the middle of the day to feel alert. That is, if I woke up on time, took a shower, and had something to eat. (I'm still surprised I survived some of the 1st period chem labs considering the mental stupor I typically had at 9 AM. O_o)

I'm excited to see what will unfold in the next few days. Once I'm able to take fully restorative naps all the time I think I'll work on sleeping in atypical places: library, car, out in the backyard, possibly right here on my desk. =) That ought to be fun/amusing.

Results from Day 4
Adherence to schedule: 6/10 - Meh, oversleeping plus the delayed nap. I feel pretty normal regardless.

Mental awareness: 8/10 - Good. I felt engaged in some conversations I had today.

Physical energy: 9/10 - Did a bunch of dumb things with my Mom, helped my Dad unclog a pipe, and I actually played some heavy DDR songs.

Productivity: 8/10 - Still didn't finish my book, but I did get a lot of reading done. Tonight it will be finished!

Comments: I think turning off the lights, closing the blinds, and leaving my computer screen on provides a good amount of light without blinding me through my eyelids. If it's too dark when I wake up, I want to go back to sleep. If it's too bright I can't get to sleep well. Considering getting a sleeping mask. =P

No comments: